CURRYPOKER'S RAMBLINGS

I LIKE TO POKE CURRY.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

daily devotion of the day



18th Oct
Isaiah 49: “the servant of the lord” and “restoration of Israel”

“He said to me, “you are my servant, Israel, in whom I display my splendor.” But I said, “I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and in nothing. Yet what is due me is in the lord’s hand, and my reward is with my God.” sometimes, we feel that there is no meaning to life, that life to us is meaningless. We don’t create much significant difference to the world, our existence is purely useless. We often label ourselves as good-for-nothings, people that create much trouble and do nothing to help make the world a better place. in life, whenever I obeyed the lord in certain areas in life, for example getting a rid of a particular habit and walking right of the lord, sometimes even listening to his commands and doing it by calling a non-Christian friend to build relationship and perhaps share the gospel. BUT, most of the times, whenever I accomplished what he asked, there’s always no BIG significant change happening, sometimes things even happen in the opposite way. We get frustrated, we get angry, we don’t know what is going. I doubt that I’m actually obeying what the lord has called me to do, maybe I’m just hearing things in my head, or maybe I heard the instructions of the lord wrongly.

But the lord wants to reaffirm you that what you have been doing is pleasing to the lord, he is happy that the fact that we obeys him and accomplished what he commanded us to do. Yet, however, the things that you do take time to create its effect and impact on others, it’s not an immediate effect and thus needs time to evolve and take place. Thus, do not be upset and discouraged, for the lord has seen what you have done and is pleased with it. He will eventually reward you with blessings that will flow through your descendants. Well, other times, when you did obey the lord, nothing takes place, even it becomes worse, this could be the fact that the time is not ripe, and that God wants to mould you and transform your character, or it could be a test of the lord to see if you ‘re a faithful servant of the lord.

“yes, captives will be taken from warriors, and plunder retrieved from the fierce; I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. I will make your oppressors eat their own flesh, and they will be drunk on their own blood, as with wine.



“That all mankind will know that I, the lord, am your savior, your redeemer, the mighty one of Jacob.”














Yes, indeed the lord will save us from all our enemies, they will not dare to attack us, because the lord is with us. He leads us to victory, therefore we can emerged as strong victors! The enemies will be gotten rid of, and the lord will be known to all for he has saved us and bring us out of misery and despair. HOo-ray.the lord has rescued us from all fears and troubles, he reigns and lives.





yeahs: //3 cheers for GOD

yip yip hooray!!

yip yip hooray!!

yip yip hooray!!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home